Tasks in Reply to Contacts Tasks in Hubspot is one of the available sync steps in the Reply <> Hubspot integration. This step lets you move tasks made for contacts in Reply to tasks made for those contacts in Hubspot.
How do tasks get synchronized?
Tasks are events that you may schedule to be performed for particular contacts. For example, it can be LinkedIn tasks, calls, manual emails, SMS, WhatsApp, meetings, and other events to outreach your contacts. Tasks may be scheduled for the future or be already completed, so you can view records about them.
Using Tasks in Reply to Contacts Tasks in Hubspot sync step, you can move tasks from one platform to another. More specifically, using ownership mappings, you can map the owner of contacts on the Reply's side with the owner of contacts in Hubspot. As a result, all tasks created in Reply for a selected group of contacts will be synced and visible in Hubspot as contact tasks.
You can also use filters to narrow down the group of contacts whose tasks you want to sync. Besides, you can select whether to sync all tasks or only completed ones.
Each item can be synced only once.
Task ownership does not change contact ownership.
If some of the synced tasks in Reply are linked to contacts that are not present in Hubspot, such records will not be synced.
Set up the "Tasks in Reply to Contacts tasks in Hubspot" step
Here's a detailed instruction on how to set up the "Tasks in Reply to Contacts tasks in Hubspot" step:
1. Open Integrations and navigate to the Hubspot block.
2. Click Connect if you haven't connected your Hubspot account; otherwise, click Configure.
3. Select the type of step for synchronization:
Tasks in Reply → Contacts tasks in Hubspot
Please note. If there is no such step, click Add sync step.
4. The "Fields mapping" block is predefined here, so you can skip it.
5. Use Filtering rules if needed. In this block, you can use filters created on the People page to narrow down the group of contacts whose tasks you may want to sync.
6. Navigate to the Ownership mappings section and expand it. Map the Reply and Hubspot contact owners. You can set up multiple pairs. To add more pairs for sync, click on "+ Add owner mapping."
By default, there is one pre-set pair: the Reply account from which the integration is set up and the Hubspot account connected to the integration.
On the left (Reply) side, you can select all the Reply team members whose contacts you can view and select each team member only once.
On the right side (Hubspot), you can select any Hubspot team members you have access to. You can also select the same Hubspot member several times for different pairs of mappings.
7. Click Save to save the current step, or click Save and apply for all steps to apply settings to other sync steps.
8. Use Advanced settings if needed. Turn on the toggle Sync only completed tasks to transfer records only about completed tasks. Click Save.
9. Initiate the sync by switching the toggle to "Enabled" in the upper left corner of the page and pressing the Sync Now button.
That's it! Check the tasks for contacts in Hubspot.