Tasks in Reply to Contacts/ Lead tasks in Salesforce are one of the available sync steps in the Reply <> Salesforce integration. Using these steps, you can sync tasks with contacts in Reply (LinkedIn tasks, calls, manual emails, SMS, WhatsApp, meetings) with Salesforce.
How do tasks get synchronized?
The main block in the "Tasks in Reply" step is Ownership mappings. It is a mandatory block for task synchronization. Here you can set ownership mappings (map pairs of team members across two platforms) to initiate the sync of tasks:
On the Reply side, select team members (task assignees) for whom tasks were assigned with the contacts.
On the Salesforce side, select the team member with whom the tasks that are assigned to the Reply team member will be synced.
As a result, the tasks from Reply will be logged as lead or contact activities for the selected Salesforce team member.
"Tasks in Reply" step also includes additional settings:
Fields mapping. This block uses predefined mappings, you cannot manually change these settings.
Filtering rules. You can use filters created on the People page to narrow down the group of contacts tasks with whom you may want to sync using the ownership mappings block.
Advanced settings. By default, both active and completed tasks are synced. If you want to sync only completed tasks, use this block and switch the corresponding toggle on. These settings will be applicable for all pairs in the ownership mappings section.
Each item can be synced only once.
Task ownership does not change contact ownership.
If some of the synced tasks from Reply are linked to contacts that are not in Salesforce, we don’t sync them.
We don’t create contacts with Tasks sync - only tasks.
Here's a more detailed instruction on how to set up the "Tasks in Reply" step:
1. Open Integrations and navigate to the Salesforce block.
2. Click Connect if you haven't connected your Salesforce account; otherwise, click Configure.
3. Select one or a few types of contact synchronization (if there are no such steps, click Add sync step):
Tasks in Reply → Leads tasks in Salesforce
Tasks in Reply → Contacts tasks in Salesforce
4. Use Filtering rules if needed.
5. Navigate to the Ownership mappings section and map the Reply and Salesforce team members. You can set up multiple pairs for ownership mappings. To add more pairs for sync, just click on "+ Add owner mapping."
By default, there is pre-set pair: Reply account from which the integration is set up + the Salesforce account connected to the integration.
Synchronization of tasks from one team member on the Reply's side can be initiated only for one Salesforce user per sync. This means you can choose only one team member on the Reply side per sync.
On the Salesforce side, you can select all accounts you have access to. You can select one Salesforce account several times per sync.
6. Use Advanced settings if needed.
7. Click Save to save the current step, or click Save and apply for all steps to apply settings to other call steps.
8. Switch the toggle to "Enabled" in the upper left corner and press the Sync Now button.
That's it! Check your lead or contact activities in Salesforce.