People Statuses in Reply to Lead Statuses in Salesforce is one of the available sync steps in the Reply <> Salesforce integration. Using this step, you can sync contacts' statuses from Reply to Salesforce.
How do statuses get synchronized?
The main block in the "People Statuses in Reply" step is Ownership mappings. It is a mandatory block for syncing the statuses of contacts. Use this block to pair up team members from two different platforms to start synchronization:
On the Reply side, select a team member, that is the owner of contacts whose statuses you want to sync.
On the Salesforce side, select a team member, that is the owner of contacts (leads) whose statuses you want to update.
As a result, the statuses of contacts in Reply will be logged as lead statuses of contacts in Salesforce.
Please note that the statuses of contacts in Reply differ from lead statuses in Salesforce. Use the Fields mapping block in the step to map the values.
Owner mappings in the statuses sync do not change contact ownership.
The Salesforce user mentioned in the mappings is the one who last edited the record.
If some of the synced statuses from Reply are linked to contacts that are not present in Salesforce, this record will not be synced.
Set up the "People Statuses in Reply" step
Here's a detailed instruction on how to set up the "People Statuses in Reply" step:
1. Open Integrations and navigate to the Salesforce block.
2. Click Connect if you haven't connected your Salesforce account; otherwise, click Configure.
3. Select the type of contact synchronization:
People Statuses in Reply → Leads tasks in Salesforce
Please note. If there is no such step, click Add sync step.
4. Use the Fields mapping block to associate Reply statuses with Salesforce statuses.
5. Use Filtering rules if needed. In this block, you can use filters created on the People page to narrow down the group of contacts whose statuses you may want to sync.
6. Navigate to the Ownership mappings section, expand it, and map the Reply and Salesforce team members. You can set up multiple pairs. To add more pairs for sync, click on "+ Add owner mapping."
By default, there is one pre-set pair: the Reply account from which the integration is set up and the Salesforce account connected to the integration.
On the left (Reply) side, you can select all the Reply team members whose contacts you can view and select each team member only once.
On the right side (Salesforce), you can select any Salesforce team members you have access to. You can also select the same Salesforce member several times.
7. Click Save to save the current step, or click Save and apply for all steps to apply settings to other sync steps.
8. Use Advanced settings if needed, namely the toggle 'Sync each status only once'. Switch the toggle on if you want to sync each status only once. This toggle will work for all pairs set in Ownership mappings.
9. Initiate the sync by switching the toggle to "Enabled" in the upper left corner on the page and pressing the Sync Now button.
That's it! Check the statuses of contacts in Salesforce.