Emails in Reply to Contacts/ Lead tasks in Salesforce are one of the available sync steps in Reply <> Salesforce integration, they allow you to sync records about emails between two platforms.
Once you set ownership mappings, all emails sent from Reply accounts (that you have selected through the mappings) will be logged to Salesforce as an activity for the selected contacts/leads that already exist in Salesforce.
Items that can be synced during integrations include direct emails, sequence automatic emails, sequence manual, bounce messages emails, and replies to them.
Email ownership does not change contact ownership.
Each item can be synced only once.
To set email ownership field mappings, follow these steps:
1. Open Integrations, and navigate to the Salesforce block.
2. Click Connect if you haven't connected your Salesforce account; otherwise, click Configure.
3. Select one or a few types of contact synchronization (if there are no such steps, click Add sync step):
Emails in Reply → Contacts tasks in Salesforce
Emails in Reply → Leads tasks in Salesforce
4. Navigate to the Ownership mappings section and expand it. Mapp the Reply and Salesforce owners of contacts. By default, there is pre-set pair: Reply account from which the integration is set up + the Salesforce account connected to the integration. You can set up multiple pairs for email sync. To add more pairs for sync, click on + Add owner mapping.
6. Click Save to save all the email ownership mappings.
7. Begin the sync by switching the toggle Disabled/Enabled and pressing the Sync Now button.