When you log into your Reply account for the first time, connect your email account to start sending and receiving messages.
First, select your email provider and click Continue:
Connecting a Gmail account
To connect your Gmail account to Reply:
- Select Gmail in the Setup email account for sending pop-up window
- Select an account you want to connect (in case of multiple Gmail accounts). You have to be logged in to the email account that you are trying to add in your browser
If you want to connect an alias Gmail account, see the following article.
Important: Сheck if you have enabled IMAP and Less Secure Apps access to assure stable connection:
- In your Gmail account, click Settings
- Navigate to the Forwarding & POP/IMAP page
- Check the Enable IMAP checkbox (if disabled)
To check whether access to less secure apps is turned on, see the following link.
If you experience problems with the automatic connection of the Gmail account, select the Other provider option and enter your settings manually:
Please note: it's not possible to connect a generic Gmail account, only business domains.
Connecting an Office 365 account
- Select Office 365 from the pop-up window
- If you have not logged in to your Office 365 account before, a new window pops up enabling Microsoft OAuth authentication. Enter your email address and password, then click the Sign in button
Connecting an Outlook account
To connect to an Outlook account, select the Outlook icon. Enter your email address, sender name, and email account password into the IMAP and SMTP password fields:
Connecting a Microsoft Exchange account
To connect Reply with your Exchange account, select the Microsoft Exchange icon and repeat the steps as for an Outlook account.
Please note that the test connection should be green for both IMAP and SMTP settings meaning that Reply has successfully connected to your email account. If something is wrong and you see a red sign, hover over it to read the message. That can help to troubleshoot connection from your side.
If you want to connect an email account from a different email provider, make sure it supports the IMAP and SMTP protocols. You can find Host Names and Port Numbers in the documentation of your email provider. IMAP must be enabled in your email account and it must support third-party apps connection.
In case you experience problems, please contact our support to help you resolve the issue.