This article provides best practices on how to increase cold email outreach click rate and make prospects reply more often.
Use more thorough prospect research and email personalization tools.
Use prospect’s first and last name in the email. This makes people feel more “warm” and personally addressed. When you have the name and the last name, use them as the merge field in the body of your email.
Write a description of a problem or a compelling reason to respond.
Use an email template with great copy. Including a meaningful call to action offer is the most effective way to improve email click-through rates. Good templates have three things in common:
- five sentences or less (anything more would distract the prospect);
- Personalization with name and job title;
- Identification of a problem that the product will solve and the benefits the solution can provide.
Сreate segmented email campaigns.
Segmentation will keep your email campaigns smaller, more personalized, and less spammy. As a result, your outreach campaign will be more relevant to your prospects’ needs. Use the suggested ideas to improve campaign segmentation:
- By referral source (i.e. contacts from a trade show, emails gathered from a company website, etc.);
- By job title (i.e. “CEOs”, “marketing directors”, “graphic designers,”);
- By company type (i.e. “small business”, “enterprise,” “Fortune 500 brand”);
- By region/city/neighborhood (i.e. “Australasia,” “Twin Cities area,” “Westerville, OH”);
- By outcome desired (i.e. “webinar sign-up,” “consultation,” “trial offer”);
- By interest/problem (i.e. “no health insurance,” “home-buying research,” “MMA fans”).
Add relevant benefits to your emails.
Your recipients must know what they can expect from cooperation with you. Include a statement about the benefits of using your service, and the benefits of getting in touch with the you. For example:
- “call, so we can help your team skyrocket your growth”.
- “get in touch, so we can explore how we can help you get more traffic and sales”.
Use proofreading tools to check your grammar and punctuation.
People get irritated with poor grammar. Before you hit Send your email, copy and paste it into editing apps like Hemingway or Grammarly. Both apps identify spelling and grammar problems and make suggestions on how to improve them.
Create a professional email signature and attach it in your emails.
People will trust you more when they can see your basic contact details. A good quality email signature should include the following elements:
- Full name;
- Job title;
- Company Name (with link to website);
- Social media links (LinkedIn at the very least to prove your credentials);
- Phone number;
- Physical address (this is required under anti-spam law- you can place it in the footer space so it doesn’t make your signature too top heavy);
- An opt-out message (again, required by law and can be placed in footer space).
Use Email Outreach Automation tools.
Reply helps you segment your lists, personalizes your content and creates email sequences. So you can let Reply reach out and follow-up with your prospects automatically until they reply. Once you’ve received a response, Reply removes the prospect from the campaign so you can personally interact with them and close the deal.