To use People Finder, navigate to the People page, Finder tab of the Reply interface. To make a search query, you must purchase credits first.
To find and add people to Reply:
- Search for companies.
- Search for people within these companies.
- Get emails.
- Import contacts.
Search for companies
Recommended filters to use (we feel they give best results):
- Country - narrow your search by country first
- Industries - use this filter to find companies in industries you are interested, for example Accounting or Agriculture.
- Description - you can use this filter if you already know the company name or main area of its business (like McDonalds US); it works with the rule LIKE and usually provides good results since there are at least 3-4 sentences of description for any company in the ClearBit database.
- Limit - a number of companies that will be shown per request. For first reference, in order to discover which filters fit you best we strongly recommend to use 1 or 2 company limit and look if your current filters give expected outcome. Be ready to change filters 2-3 times before nailing your target segment. From this point forward, select a bigger limit (10, 50 etc) and focus on finding people you want to reach.
- Sort by - best results give Alexa Rank and Google Rank filters. These are based on a popularity of a company website. So if you target companies that have low internet exposure (let's say John Deere dealerships in US) try to add another filter like Employees or use Description to narrow the search.
General recommendations for getting good results in finding companies from your target segments:
- 4-5 filters at any time, since using more filters make search more specific.
- Number of employees in company is a good indicator of how many prospects with emails we have in DB. So if you get a result for the company of 0,1,3-10 employees, it makes sense to skip them. This could be avoided by using multiple searches with filter for Employees (for example 500~1000, 100~499, 50~99)
- Please, note that the number of employees in a company doesn't equal to a number of contacts in People Finder (usually 2-20 times less, there are only prospects worth reaching out).
Search for people within the companies
After you find suitable companies, search for people within these companies.
Click the Get emails button to see emails of the people you are interested in.
Most common filters for finding prospects are the following:
- Role - if you look for the decision makers, it is a good guess that it's better to select Executive here.
- Name - you can search for an email of a specific person, of you know them of course.
- Results per company - this is important to set the limit to approximately 20 prospects per company in this search. It works better when targeting 5-10 prospects per company with the Roles from Keyword search filter.
Please note, that any prospect search within companies is free until you try to get emails. So most work should be done there, to maximize your outcome, using Finder.
After you got emails of the people, you should import them to Reply. To do this, click the Import contacts button. You can also choose to import people to an existing list.
After you have imported contacts, you see the result: