This article describes how to import contacts to your Reply account.
After you have connected your email account to Reply, you must import people to your Reply account. To do this, open the People page and click the Add People button.
You can import people manually or by uploading a .csv file.
Add contatcs manually
When you add a contact manually, enter the required information in the corresponding fields (Email and First Name are mandatory). Fill in all fields that you want to use as variables in your email templates and click Save. This adds a person to the People list.
Use .csv file
If you have a list of people in the .csv file, select the Import from CSV option.
Drag-n-drop your file or select it using the search function.
On the mapping page, confirm and check the fields you need to use in Reply.
After you have checked and confirmed everything, click Continue and you'll be asked to either add your people into one list or split it into two (50/50).
Please note, that the system can successfully import 3000-4000 contacts in a single CSV file, so if you have a big list, please split it to several parts and import one by one.
After you have imported the contacts, you see the report of how many people were imported, updated, skipped or not imported, if any.
Click Done to finish importing contacts into your account! You can add more contacts by clicking the Add Button.
How to map the .csv file fields to Reply custom contact fields
When you import contacts to Reply using a .csv file, you can map the .csv file fields to custom Reply fields.
For more information on how to create custom contact fields, see the following article.
To do this:
- Open the Import from file dialog window.
- In the REPLY FIELDS column, select a field mapping that you want to change. If you have previously created the custom fields, select a needed field from the drop down list.
- If you want to create a new custom field, click the Add custom field button.
- In the Field label field, enter the name of the custom field.
- In the Field type drop down list, select the field type - text or number.
- Click Save.
- Finish the Import from file procedure.