Reply lets you set up an email account to use different servers for sending and receiving emails. You can use this option in the following cases:
- when you use mass email systems such as Sendgrid or Mailgun.
- when you use email aliases in Reply.
How to set up a connection with Sendgrid
Sendgrid only uses the SMTP protocol to send emails. To receive replies for emails sent via Sendgrid, you must specify your inbox. To do this:
- Connect your email account to Sendgrid.
- In your Reply account, navigate to the Email Accounts tab of the Settings page.
- Click Add new email account.
- In the Setup email account for sending dialog window select Other provider and click Continue.
- In Account Settings, enable the I want to use different email servers for sending and receiving emails option.
- In the User name field, enter the email address you want to use to receive replies ([email protected]).
- In the IMAP Host field, enter the address of the IMAP server (imap.gmail.com for Gmail accounts).
- In the IMAP Port field, enter the port of the IMAP server (993 for Gmail accounts).
- Enable the Enable SSL option (for Gmail accounts).
- Check the Replies should go to a different email address check box.
- In the Email field, enter the email you have connected to Sendgrid ([email protected]).
- Leave the User Name field blank.
- In the Reply To field, enter the same email you use in the the IMAP User name field ([email protected]). Using this field, Reply knows the email address to receive and detect replies.
- In the Sender Name field, enter your name (for example, Tony Robsims).
- In the SMTP Host field, enter smtp.sendgrid.net.
- In the SMTP Port field, enter 465 (or 25)
- In the Password field, enter the Sendgrid password from your email account connected to Sendgrid.
- Enable the Enable SSL option with the 465 port, and leave disabled if port is 25.