Reply connects your email account via IMAP (receiving emails) and SMTP (sending emails) settings.
The email account specified in the IMAP section is the one we use to check contact replies. The system checks for replies each hour, but if there was any connectivity error, detection can take more time (up to 3 hours maximum).
- Keep all replies in the main inbox folder for at least 3 hours in order for our system to have time to detect them.
- Do not move emails anywhere to another folder, otherwise Reply will not be able to detect them and mark people as Replied. This leads to sending follow-up emails to those who already replied.
- Reply only detects responses received from the same email address as it is in the Reply sequence. If a contact replies from another email address, the reply will not be detected.
- Reply detect forwarded emails only if they have been forwarded from within the original email (not if composed a new email). It should contain email address of the prospect from your system to be detected.If you are an Outlook desktop email client user, please make sure your emails are not auto-deleted from the server. After Outlook downloads your email, all email messages on the server are deleted from the Inbox, and Reply isn't able to detect replies. This can be organized by contacting Outlook support.
- The email account that is assigned to the sequence is connected properly, i.e. green in Settings - Email Accounts.
- We can detect replies only for the contacts that have the Active status in the sequence.
- The sequence should be live (green). We do not track replies in paused sequences. This does not refer to the sequences that have reached their sending limits or were suspended due to high bounce/opt out rates.
Please note: Reply detects responses based on email address, therefore, there is no connection to the sequence at all. If you had a personal conversation with a prospect before, and there are replies from them in your email account inbox, Reply will consider that as a response and mark a prospect Replied in your Reply sequence.